Sunday, September 21, 2008

Post-Results Reactions

Alright, so I finished my trials a few weeks ago and this is what my results look like:

General Paper: 76
Maths: 78 (Pure Maths: 65/75) (Statistics: 33/50)
Physics: 45 (haha)
Chemistry: 73 (1 mark from an A!)
Biology: 72 (2 marks from an A!)

So it's glaringly obvious that Physics was a disaster and then some, isn't it? To be honest, I was terrified I was going to fail (passing mark is 40), so this is a huge, HUGE relief. Most importantly, my scholarship won't be revoked by the college.

Overall though, I am slightly disappointed because I know I can do better than what I did for these exams. Except maybe for physics , which makes me want to yell and pull out my hair almost every time I try doing exercises. But I have to be optimistic, so I'll try saying it again:
I KNOW I CAN DO BETTER. There, I hope that was more convincing. AND my actual exams start in 3 weeks, so optimism is a very good thing to have at the moment.

Right, so on to something else.

Looking back at previous posts, I realize that the only things I talk about consists of studying, college, exams, and more studying. So from now on, I am going to try, well, to put it bluntly, less boring. There are aspects of my life not related to my studies, after all. Being a little more personable couldn't hurt either, I suppose. Not to mention adding posts a little more frequently.

On a slightly related note, however, I don't think the number readers of this blog go beyond the double digits. haha...

And on a completely unrelated note, 1 1/2 years after I registered for Facebook, I have finally taken the step to respond (or ignore) the increasing number of requests on my profile. 312 requests, I wonder if that's some kind of world record...

So that's it for now, I will try to be back soon (key word here is try).

No comments: