Sunday, March 14, 2010

Like a Phoenix that rises from the ashes...

YES. I HAVE RETURNED.

I have to be honest.

Firstly, I had always wanted to use that phoenix metaphor in conversation or in writing :) .

Secondly, I didn't actually plan to stop blogging, it just sort of happened. I started work at Kinokuniya, and all of a sudden it was the end of 2009 and I hadn't posted a single blog post since the end of August. So maybe I can blame it Kino :) .

Oh, hold on. I can blame it on Kino. Now I remember the reason I stopped blogging was because I didn't want my superiors to know what I really felt about them and the bureaucracy at the outlet. I remember always reading about those articles about employees being fired from their jobs because of the stuff they post online. So I decided to be a good, diligent employee and completely separate my professional life from my personal. Which resulted in the utter abandonment of this unfortunate blog. Which was a pity, because I had a lot of 'interesting' experiences while working there. Maybe if I remember I'll blog about them.

I feel old in the AUP. Almost all of my seniors were born in 1991, making me older than them. And almost my entire ENL101 class just finished their SPM, which made me realise that it had been two years since I collected my own SPM results o.O . And most of them are still 17, which made realize, not for the first time, that I would be 20 this year *shudders*. The good thing is that my birthday is in November, so I still qualify as a 19 year old. It's not really the fact I'm turning 20, but more to do with that I don't feel like an adult at all yet. Even though I can legally smoke, drink and drive without getting arrested. But done separately, of course.

And I plan to get a camera! Honestly, life in university has changed me. I was looking through some Facebook albums the other day, and it made me realise that I want to keep a visual record of my life. And also I realised that I'm getting a little forgetful @.@ . Another cause for self-pitying depression.

So does anyone have any recommendations for affordable, yet good quality, cameras? Please be reminded that you are dealing with someone who doesn't understand fully the concept of pixels, so please use non-technical language. :)

On a side note, does anyone know how to change blogskins? I am so tired of the monotonous blogger blogskin (hey, alliteration!). Again, I don't really know the difference between html and http, so please use non-technical language. :)

1 comment:

Aly said...

just saw your post today...i'd go with sony cybershot or a canon one. either that or just go to the shop and ask? :P